Saturday, June 6, 2009

Polvo's on South First Street in Old South Austin Texas

I've only been to Polvo's a few times in my life but considering there are many places in Austin that I have never been to, that is actually a recommendation of sorts. The food here is pretty good and I usually go where my friends want to go because picky is not a word I would use to describe myself. They have lots of seating, a decent amount of parking space and they are located close to downtown so they do a good bit of business. For the purpose of this blog I'm more concerned with the drinks than I am with the food and I had two margaritas that tasted and looked very dissimilar from each other, but they both went down OK. A few minutes later the waiter told me that the bartender was new and forgot to add water to the tequila and margarita mix when I ordered a second drink. It tasted a little bittersweet and stout but I probably would not have noticed if he hadn't said anything. That is, for the first 30 minutes then I noticed big time when my jaw started flapping and even I realized I was getting a bit rowdy. I'm glad I wasn't driving because that second one put me over the limit, without any question in my mind. Accidents happen, but it sucks when they happen in cars. Luckily there was no crash, until I got dropped off at home and hit the couch.

No comments: